November 2, 2011

I Work Too Much

I work too much.  Of course, it is my fault.  I have a dozen tasks I’m juggling and I find it hard to put them all aside. It’s as if I think the world would screech to a halt to the woe of everyone else. That’s just plain silly. Time away from all that busy-ness (aka “business”) is important. 

Last week, I took a road trip to Walla Walla ( http://www.wallawalla.org/ ) in the Southeast Washington.  We drove slow, taking small back roads and stopping frequently to enjoy a sweeping vista or a curious road-side tableau.  Standing on an outcrop of rock with a chilly brisk wind, deep breaths were draughts of pure re-creation. We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast (http://www.innatblackberrycreek.com/ ) that was charming and the people were so nice. It was a delight to amble along with no deadline, no rush. These are good things. They restore a degree of humanness which our mad-dash world crushes. I’m back at my desk now, refreshed and ready to take on the remains of the year.  But I’m planning my next journey….


 
Danä, Director of IT

No comments: