October 26, 2011

Tips for Staying Awake at the Office

Today is Wednesday and the 5th day of carmageddon here in Seattle. With one of our main streets closed (the poor Viaduct) for 10 days, I have been getting in the past 3 days around 7am. On top of that, I haven't been sleeping too well, so this is the 3rd night in a row with about 4 hours of sleep in me. Needless to say I'm tired and starting to fade...

It is important, however, that I continue producing good work for my company. With meetings and presentations and bids, I'm not allowed to slip, no matter how tired I am! Here are a few tips and tricks I've found over the Internet to help me (and possibly you) stay awake at work!


Tip number 1 from WikiHow: Use your sense of smell. Apparently smells both good and bad can jar us into waking up. They recommend Rosemary, Eucalyptus gum, Peppermint, and Pine Oil

A tip from Medicinenet.com is to get up and walk around. Just because your working doesn't mean you can't be moving. This helps increase blow flow and improve circulation thus making you more alert.

Buzzle.com suggest splashing a little cold water on your face and turning on the fan. That little shock will definitely wake you up!

And, if you pulled an all nighter, eHow has some tips for surviving a day with no sleep (I hope you like coffee!). Click here for the article!

I hope these tips help to keep you up and ready at the office. Make sure to check out the articles from WikiHow, Medicinenet.com Buzzle.com and eHow for some more great info!

~ Kendal

No comments: