July 18, 2012

Top Songs About Work

This week's blog needs something fun - it is hump day after all. So to spice it up, I give you some top songs about work. Many of these come from Yahoo's "The 25 Best Work Songs for Labor Day" - so if you don't like my choices, check out there list and let us know which are your favorites!

Note: Links go out to youtube

In no particular order! And I apologize - most of these seem to be created before 1990.

Workin' For A Livin' - Huey Lewis and the News
"Workin' for a livin' (workin')
Workin' for a livin' (workin')
Workin' for a livin', livin' and workin'
I'm taking what they giving 'cause I'm working for a livin'. "

Working for the Weekend - Loverboy - you have to get through the intro
"Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants a little romance
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh"

It's Not My Place (In the 9-5 World) - The Ramones
"But it's not my place oh no
No it's not my place no no
No it's not my not my not my place
In the 9 to 5 world
And it's not my place
In the 9 to 5 world"

Working Class Hero - John Lennon - probably one of my favorite songs in general
(warning - language may not be appropriate for work)
"A working class hero is something to be
A working class hero is something to be"
 
"The time to rise has been engaged
You're better best to rearrange
I'm talking here to me alone
I listen to the finest worksong
Your finest hour
Your finest hour"

So what do you think? Have a favorite I'm missing? Let us know!

No comments: